It’s a horrible feeling when you realize that someone has vandalized your car. Your first thought is who the heck did it followed quickly by how much it’s going to cost to fix. If you have insurance you’re wondering if your policy will cover the repair. Unfortunately, for people who live in Tacoma, this scenario isn’t uncommon. If you haven’t experienced it personally, most likely someone you know has. Here are the steps you need to take if you find yourself in this situation.
- Call the police to report the incident. Your insurance company will most likely want a police report. If the person is caught the insurance company (or you if you don’t have insurance) can go after the person to cover the cost of the repairs.
- Call your insurance company. Here’s what they are going to want to know:
- Where your car was parked.
- If you know who did it.
- The date and time of the incident.
- Details of the damage.
- The police report number.
- Your phone number.
- Which auto body repair shop you want to go to.
- Take your vehicle into the auto body repair shop.
- Pay your insurance deductible. Make sure you find out before you go to the auto body shop what your deductible is, if you have one. Most likely you will pay your deductible to the body shop at the time of the repair.
Use the quick links below to view details on our popular services: