Black Friday is right around the corner. Some of us look forward to this day and some of us wouldn’t be caught dead out and about on Black Friday. If you need another reason to stay home on Black Friday, here you go:
- Parking-related accident claims increase by 36.5% compared to Fridays two weeks before and after the popular shopping day.
- Black Friday parking claims doubled from 2010 to 2011.
Common Black Friday claims:
- Rear-ending someone or getting rear-ended
- Hitting a parked car or having your parked car hit
- Backing into a car and vice versa
What you can do:
- Park far away – I mean even further away.
- Park in a well-lit area.
- Pay extra attention to driving while looking for parking.
- Drive slow.
If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a parking lot accident or theft, call the police right away, along with your insurer. If you hit someone and they aren’t around make sure to attach a note to their car with your contact information.
The next call should be to your Tacoma auto body shop: Collision Specialists.
Use the quick links below to view details on our popular services: